- Follow Brimmings: up from the well on WordPress.com
- 29,524 hits
- A Brief Life Lived Well: Kevyn Alcoin’s Testament to Beauty
- William Carlos Williams’ “Willow Poem”: Defying Temporality
- Is Anybody Listening? Voter Apathy on Climate Change
- Setting an Example: Berkeley Outlaws Natural Gas
- Ithaca, NY: A Best City
- And a Child Shall Lead Them
- Coming to Our Senses
- Scrubbing George Washington from History: Who’s Next?
- A weekend Romp with Georgia O’Keeffe
- Oliver Sacks’ Ambivalence on Living in the Digital Age
- My Book Draw-List for 2019
- An Upstart Poet I Like a Lot
- And a Child Shall Lead Them: Healing What Ails Us
- The Plight of Native Americans in a White America
- Why We Name Our Children as We do.
- Thoughts on a remarkable book I’ve just re-read
- Trophy Hunting Looms for Grizzly Bears
- Amy Lowell’s “A Fixed Idea”: An Exploration in Paradox
- Artificial Intelligence: Will It Take Your Job?
- Alzheimer Breakthrough? Bredeson’s The End of Alzheimer’s: The First Program to Prevent and Reverse Cognitive Decline
- Does American Sign Language (ASL) Have a Future?
- Does the Qur’an Preach Violence?
- Elegy for Iris: A Review
- My hummingbird friends
- NFL Hypocrisy
- Love for All Seasons
- Baseball’s Decline
- The Left’s War on Free Speech
- Reflections on the 2017 Philip Larkin Exhibition at Hull
- Perhaps Someday We Will Learn How to Live
Tag Archives: Women
“No society treats its women as well as its men.” UN Development Programme, 1997) There’s a new movie I’m wanting to see. It’s called Maleficent and stars Angelina Jolie. It’s timely because it’s really about rape, which has now entered … Continue reading
There is this passage in the poet Byron’s Don Juan that has always impressed me as one of the keenest observations concerning women to be found in literature: “Man’s love is of his life a thing apart,/’Tis woman’s whole existence” … Continue reading
There’s a great interview by Marianne Schnall in this morning’s Huffington Post Steinem Interview featuring feminist emissary, Gloria Steinem, still going strong at 77. On Monday, August 15, HBO will broadcast a biographical piece, “In Her Own Words.” While in … Continue reading