- Follow Brimmings: up from the well on WordPress.com
- 30,107 hits
- Dawn Light: Dancing with Cranes and Other Ways to Start the Day: A Review
- Touching Matters
- A Brief Life Lived Well: Kevyn Alcoin’s Testament to Beauty
- William Carlos Williams’ “Willow Poem”: Defying Temporality
- Is Anybody Listening? Voter Apathy on Climate Change
- Setting an Example: Berkeley Outlaws Natural Gas
- Ithaca, NY: A Best City
- And a Child Shall Lead Them
- Coming to Our Senses
- Scrubbing George Washington from History: Who’s Next?
- A weekend Romp with Georgia O’Keeffe
- Oliver Sacks’ Ambivalence on Living in the Digital Age
- My Book Draw-List for 2019
- An Upstart Poet I Like a Lot
- And a Child Shall Lead Them: Healing What Ails Us
- The Plight of Native Americans in a White America
- Why We Name Our Children as We do.
- Thoughts on a remarkable book I’ve just re-read
- Trophy Hunting Looms for Grizzly Bears
- Amy Lowell’s “A Fixed Idea”: An Exploration in Paradox
- Artificial Intelligence: Will It Take Your Job?
- Alzheimer Breakthrough? Bredeson’s The End of Alzheimer’s: The First Program to Prevent and Reverse Cognitive Decline
- Does American Sign Language (ASL) Have a Future?
- Does the Qur’an Preach Violence?
- Elegy for Iris: A Review
- My hummingbird friends
- NFL Hypocrisy
- Love for All Seasons
- Baseball’s Decline
- The Left’s War on Free Speech
Tag Archives: love
Teach me to love all things, big and small; clean and dirty: the burr oak massive with age; the silent worm that threads the earth; my fellow beings, rich or poor, sung or unsung. Teach me to be patient, learning … Continue reading
To be happy in life comes down to feeling good about yourself. It isn’t about money, popularity, power, or other commonly assumed indicators of success. In fact, these may actually be forms of over compensation, masking our sense of unworthiness … Continue reading
There is this passage in the poet Byron’s Don Juan that has always impressed me as one of the keenest observations concerning women to be found in literature: “Man’s love is of his life a thing apart,/’Tis woman’s whole existence” … Continue reading