- Follow Brimmings: up from the well on WordPress.com
- 30,107 hits
- Dawn Light: Dancing with Cranes and Other Ways to Start the Day: A Review
- Touching Matters
- A Brief Life Lived Well: Kevyn Alcoin’s Testament to Beauty
- William Carlos Williams’ “Willow Poem”: Defying Temporality
- Is Anybody Listening? Voter Apathy on Climate Change
- Setting an Example: Berkeley Outlaws Natural Gas
- Ithaca, NY: A Best City
- And a Child Shall Lead Them
- Coming to Our Senses
- Scrubbing George Washington from History: Who’s Next?
- A weekend Romp with Georgia O’Keeffe
- Oliver Sacks’ Ambivalence on Living in the Digital Age
- My Book Draw-List for 2019
- An Upstart Poet I Like a Lot
- And a Child Shall Lead Them: Healing What Ails Us
- The Plight of Native Americans in a White America
- Why We Name Our Children as We do.
- Thoughts on a remarkable book I’ve just re-read
- Trophy Hunting Looms for Grizzly Bears
- Amy Lowell’s “A Fixed Idea”: An Exploration in Paradox
- Artificial Intelligence: Will It Take Your Job?
- Alzheimer Breakthrough? Bredeson’s The End of Alzheimer’s: The First Program to Prevent and Reverse Cognitive Decline
- Does American Sign Language (ASL) Have a Future?
- Does the Qur’an Preach Violence?
- Elegy for Iris: A Review
- My hummingbird friends
- NFL Hypocrisy
- Love for All Seasons
- Baseball’s Decline
- The Left’s War on Free Speech
Tag Archives: seasons
Autumn carries more gold in its pockets than all the other seasons. (Jim Bishop) Of all the seasons in Kentucky, I like fall best with its myriad days bathed in soft light, keeping company with tepid warmth and gentle breezes … Continue reading
Saw a sign yesterday that read, “Spring is coming soon.” That’s something we’re all wondering about, even in Kentucky, where we’ve been having an unusually cold March, which makes it hard to believe the Kentucky Derby is merely six weeks … Continue reading