- Follow Brimmings: up from the well on WordPress.com
- 27,413 hits
- A weekend Romp with Georgia O’Keeffe
- Oliver Sacks’ Ambivalence on Living in the Digital Age
- My Book Draw-List for 2019
- An Upstart Poet I Like a Lot
- And a Child Shall Lead Them: Healing What Ails Us
- The Plight of Native Americans in a White America
- Why We Name Our Children as We do.
- Thoughts on a remarkable book I’ve just re-read
- Trophy Hunting Looms for Grizzly Bears
- Amy Lowell’s “A Fixed Idea”: An Exploration in Paradox
- Artificial Intelligence: Will It Take Your Job?
- Alzheimer Breakthrough? Bredeson’s The End of Alzheimer’s: The First Program to Prevent and Reverse Cognitive Decline
- Does American Sign Language (ASL) Have a Future?
- Does the Qur’an Preach Violence?
- Elegy for Iris: A Review
- My hummingbird friends
- NFL Hypocrisy
- Love for All Seasons
- Baseball’s Decline
- The Left’s War on Free Speech
- Reflections on the 2017 Philip Larkin Exhibition at Hull
- Perhaps Someday We Will Learn How to Live
- America’s Unofficial Poet Laureate: Mary Oliver
- On First Looking Into Milford’s Savage Beauty: The Life of Edna St. Vincent Millay
- Sarah Teasdale: “There Will Come Soft Rains”
- Is Mindfulness Warmed-over Buddhism?
- She showed us the way: Reflections on Mary Tyler Moore
- Book fan, Barack Obama
- Happiness: What it is and How to Find It
- Tibet’s Tragedy: A Culture Teetering into Oblivion
Tag Archives: yoga
This week I re-read Brad Willis Warrior Pose, a book that has lodged in my memory since I first came upon it two years ago. I read a lot of books, but only a few do I read twice. It’s the … Continue reading
It’s just me in the sunroom before breakfast, sprawled out on my yoga mat, doing meditation for 15 or 20 minutes. A series of deep breaths and letting my limbs go slack, a visualizing of a good moment. The hard … Continue reading