In recent weeks I’ve become a huge fan of Twitter. In, fact, it’s now a daily staple, or something like that fast pick-up you get with that morning coffee. Forgive me, Elizabeth Barrett Browning, but let me count the ways I dig Twitter:
- It connects me to a whole lot bigger world to rattle my culture and routine beliefs against. If I can shed defensiveness, Twitter helps me grow aware and thus become more tolerant.
- I like that a lot gets said in very few words. A few sips gives you the flavor.
- I relish following people and trends I find interesting.
- It flatters my shameless ego every time someone follows me. I understand now why my Bichon likes being petted. Hey, you can pet me anytime!
- It grows my interests as I come upon how many there really are out there.
- It feeds my fly-on-the-wall instinct to spy on newsmakers, starlets, celebrities and sports icons. Secretly, I hope they’ll tweet me back!
- It saves me on subscription costs as I get free admission to the big mags and splendid articles.
- I like how it puts you in real time as things happen and people get impacted; take Syria for example and its freedom fighters or at home, recent Sandy.
- I admire its uncensored access. Here you’ll find the good, bad, and ugly: the saints and anarchists; tolerant and militant; the sane and, yes, the crazies. It’s like waking up in San Francisco.
- It helps my blog. I can see what interests and find outlet for my own.
Twitter, I can’t really number all the ways I’m fond of you, but suffice it to say, Je t’aime!
Do well. Be well!
One thought on “Let me count the ways I love Twitter”
Excellently said, RJ.